Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!

We spent New Year's Eve at home hanging out as a family. Everyone got to request something for the party menu, and we spent the nite eating, watching a movie, playing games, and watching the ball drop at midnite. (Jason and I could barely keep our eyes open.) =)

Our junk-food buffet
Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

Who requested the apples??

Kelli Brewer said...

I can tell I'm getting older - I was in bed by 11! Jodi and I had a night out - Olive Garden and then we went to the movies. It was fun!

Stephanie said...

Looks yummy! You can't have a New Years party without all the junk! I was barely awake at 12, myself. Good thing I was chaparoning a dance or I would have been in bed!

Sally said...

I feel like you guys are missing one of the food groups in your menu, but I can't put my finger on it.

We did the same thing for New Year's Eve. I wish we were neighbors and we could do it together!

Tricia said...

mmm...fondue- now that's a good idea. We also did the same and were all nearly comatose when the ball did drop.

Joel and Chelsey said...

Looks like a fun night! Looks like ours--except for the part about watching the ball drop. Joel set our clocks ahead two hours, the kids did sparklers at 10:00 and we all went to bed. It was the perfect New Year's Eve (for this year anyway.) :)

Kristie said...

Glad you had fun! I love the idea of the junk food buffet! Eric and I had pizza and Martinelli's in front of the fireplace in the living room. A great way to ring in the New Year! Happy New Year to the Mattingley Family!!

Jeanine said...

Happy New Year to you too! Natalie went to a Beehive/Deacon get together at a leader's house at 9:00 then all the YM/YW & leaders went to the Bishop's house at 12:15(after the dance) for their traditional breakfast -- Sheldon stubbled thru the door with her at 1:50 -- just an idea =)