The summer flew by this year. Suddenly it was August, and we still had things to do and places to go. Here's a recap of the kids' last two of weeks of freedom...
Swimming with Friends
Having a neighborhood pool makes summer in the South bearable. Having friends to meet us there makes summer fun.
Monkey Joe Madness
If you've never been to Monkey Joe's, it's basically a giant room filled with inflatables for kids to jump, slide, and bounce on until either a) they are exhausted, or b) their mom is tired of sitting there. I tried very hard for it to be option a, but after FOUR hours and with dinner time looming, I finally had to concede defeat and call option b.
Fun at the Y
Because the girls take dance at the YMCA, we get a couple of free passes to the water park each summer. The highlight is definitely the water slides!
It's always a good idea to hold your nose...
A Dream Come True
Lego finally opened a store in Charlotte! And as part of the Grand Opening celebration, kids could help a "Lego Master Builder" assemble an 8-foot RD-D2 in the food court at the mall. It was a no brainer - Jordan had to be there. =)
Where Are Those Ear Plugs??
Yes, we took the kids to see the Jonas Brothers in concert. It was actually a lot of fun, and to their credit, the trio puts on quite a show. (I'll even admit to having a few JB songs on my MP3.) Despite being surrounded by THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of screaming tweens, we had a good time. Courtney did ask if we could sit closer next time. =)
The concert was Friday night, and the kids started school on Tuesday, so it was a great way to wrap up a fun summer!
9 comments:
What a fun summer wrap up -- monkey joe madness would be heaven for my kids and then the water slides! Wow -- that lego store is amazing, boys and legos -- my 8 year old would be right there too :)
Wow...fun stuff!! Can I be your kid too?
You can't fool us, Karen--we know it was Jason who REALLY wanted to go to the Jonas Bros concert. :)
How fun! We should really start looking for a house with slides like the YMCA has :)
How fun! I'm so glad the concert was fun! We have a leggo store too, but Evan's not quite there yet. He likes them, but Mike or I end up doing most of the building.
What an AWESOME summer's end! I love the pictures! I think my fav picture is the one with your hubby (Bishop) at the concert! hehehehe
(And Ronnie failed to mention to me about that Lego's place at C.M.--I'll be checking that out soon!) ;)
Love the summer when you get to do all the fun stuff. Good times! It's a little (just a little) sad to see the summer end when there isn't a schedule to follow and you can do and go anywhere whenever!
Wow, Karen -- you really are the 'best mom ever'!
Those are some awesome water-slide shots - you are quite the photographer. And that is just too cool that Jordan got to help build the R2D2 at lego land! My boys would be jealous.
Post a Comment