For his Social Studies class, Jordan had to do a Greek amphora project. (Yes, I admit, I didn't have a clue what that was, but I soon learned it was simply a vase.) In an ideal parental world, such a project would only involve a research paper. In the real world, however, the research paper was to be accompanied by a handmade, papier-mache vase... all due right after the Christmas break, of course!
Here he is cutting out the top to pop the balloon after the first round of papier-mache.
After adding the neck and handles, it was time for more papier-mache.
Jordan with his finished amphora!
9 comments:
Looks great! I'm impressed!
I'm not looking forward to those kinds of projects. The vase looks good. Way to go Jordan!
I'm right there with you on the project front. It looks like Jordan was more involved in his than Emily was with hers. It looks great!
I would like to request an amphora for my living room please!
Oh my gosh!!!!
Thank you Jordan for giving me an opportunity to learn a new word. I can't wait to use it in casual conversation somewhere so I can sound really smart!
How fun! I studied all the types of greek sculpture in my many art history classes (which I loved, little known fact) and I knew what it was right away :)
I love that Jordan is so artistic! It's a shame he doesn't have a beautiful aunt who shares similar qualities - oh wait. :)
Hey Karen~
I found your blog thru Terah's! (I'm finding so many in the ward now). ;)
Anyway, that's awesome what Jordan made!! And I'm going to check out more of your blog now.
TTYL,
-Carmen :)
The vase really is awesome,Jordan!And mom, now you know another word!:)
Post a Comment