Monday, December 7, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Every year, we make the trip to Virginia to spend Thanksgiving with Jason's family. Every year, the time passes too quickly. Good food, a chance to relax, Black Friday shopping, the BYU/UofU football game (Go Cougars!), and cousin bonding were all highlights of the week.

The older cousins at the grown-ups' table.

The younger cousins (minus Claire) at the kids' table.


What's this? Children with guns? Despite our Southern residency and the obvious redneck feel of these pictures, our Thanksgivings do not include hunting. Uncle Jared got out the old BB guns and took the kids in the backyard to take shots at soda cans. They thought it was great. =)

This was also our first time meeting our newest niece/cousin Autumn. Courtney was definitely the most enamored with Autumn and was always asking to hold her.

Kelli (Jason's sister) and her hubby Adam blessed Autumn that Sunday since everyone was in town. We took up four pews. =) It was a great long weekend!

7 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

Woot! I made it onto your blog! I'm famous :)

Joel and Chelsey said...

Great Pics! I missed the one of the older kids at the "grown-ups" table. It was fun to see you guys.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. Loved the pics with the guns! It's the best to spend holidays with the family!

Kristie said...

Looks like a fun time! I love the picture of Courtney holding her new little cousin--very cute!

Tricia said...

Did you honk as you drove through Richmond? =)

Sally said...

Why, as kids, are we always so anxious to leave the kids' table. It's definitely the most fun!

jb said...

Love the outside 'shots'. That just made me giggle. Glad you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving.