Friday, November 20, 2009

Star Wars in Concert

A couple of weeks ago, Jason and I took Jordan to see Star Wars in Concert. Admittedly, I'm a childhood Star Wars fan myself, but it was pretty spectacular. There was a full orchestra playing the music from all six episodes while sequences of clips from the movies played on big screens behind them.

Anthony Daniels (C3PO) was the emcee for the evening

Before the show started, we walked around posing with characters from the movies and looking at costumes and props. Here are a few favorites...

Jason and Jordan with a Storm Trooper

Hanging out with R2-D2

And there's nothing quite like rubbing shoulders with a Jawa

I thought these were hilarious. I guess Chick-fil-A was a sponsor? My favorite was actually Princess Leia Cow, but we never did get close enough for a picture.


They also had big backdrops from the movies that you could stand in front of for pictures.

Definitely the best movie prop there.

VERY fun evening. =)

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Awesome! And I love Jordan's "dress shirt!" Glad you had fun!

Joel and Chelsey said...

What an awesome experience! Jackson and Joel are very jealous. Unfortunately WV NEVER gets that kind of thing, (shocker) but I've never heard of it even in DC. You Charlottans (?) are pretty lucky. See you in a couple of days! :)

Cheri said...

I love doing special things like that. Jordan will always remember how cool his parents are for taking him!

Kelli Brewer said...

That is really cool! I didn't know they had such a thing.

Emma said...

I told my sister (lives about 4 hours away) about this because my nephew (9 year old) is a major Star Wars fan. He and his dad came to the concert and loved it. I was very jealous.

Jeanine said...

Star Wars in Concert with a full orchestra -- awesome! Glad you 3 got to go!

Sally said...

I didn't know anything like that existed either! It's been fun to catch up with your family after being gone from the cyber world for a while. Jordan was an awesome hot dog!