Sunday, March 15, 2009

Good Grief! Another Snow Day??

In the 11+ years we've lived here, I can't remember ever getting snow three different times in the same winter. And definitely not as late as March. Sadly, the school calendar wasn't prepared for such an event, and the kids will now be in school on Memorial Day. But at least we got enough snow (4-5 inches) to make it worth it... maybe.

Alyssa takes the first trip down to clear the slide.

Courtney attacks the photographer.

Jordan knew Jason would be out later to shovel the driveway and carefully stockpiled a supply of snowballs in advance...

...then launched an attack from the porch.

Jason is not one to ignore a challenge, and a pretty good snowball fight ensued. Not sure there was a clear victor.

Typical North Carolina, though, by the end of the week, it was 78 degrees, and we all got sunburned at the kids' soccer games that weekend.

6 comments:

Kelli Brewer said...

Is Jordan wearing the family Bullets hat?

Kelli Brewer said...

I also love the new picture of Jordan with Nana and Grandpa!!

jb said...

Impressive amount of snow!!

Joel and Chelsey said...

Are you as ready for spring as I am? We had beautiful 70 degree days, and BAM back to the 20's! There is something very wrong with that!

Sally said...

Hooray for snow! Just kidding..I hate it. The kids look like they are having fun, though. But Courtney needs to work on her attack face!

The Driskill Family said...

I loved catching up on your blog today, Karen! You guys have a lot of fun as a family! Glad you had some snow to enjoy, too!