My brother Ken and his wife Julie were in Virginia visiting her family for Thanksgiving. Since they were finally on our side of the country, they made a side trip down to Charlotte for the day. Ken and Julie wanted to do something unique to Charlotte, so we took them to the Speedway in Concord. (After all, this is Nascar country...)
Here's Craig, Joanna, and I in the tour van.
They were holding the driving school that morning, so there were a few cars on the track. Of all the sports out there, I'd have to say Nascar is the least appealing to me. It was fun to watch them go around a few times, but I definitely can't imagine watching a real race with hundreds of laps!

The tour included a side trip across the street to the new drag racing strip. There weren't supposed to be cars on the track, so when we got there, our driver had to get out and ask if we were still allowed in. Not only did they let us in, they let us drive on the track and "race" one of the dragsters. Obviously, it wasn't much of a contest...
In Winner's Circle
We eventually made our way to Melanie and Ben's house for dinner and ice cream sundaes. Here are the kids with Ken and Julie. They were so excited to spend the day with their far-away aunt and uncle (and their close-by ones, too).
1 comments:
I bet that is ice cream that they are eating. Those Brueck genes!!
Post a Comment