Friday, December 19, 2008

Jordan the Musician

Jordan started guitar lessons over the summer...because he wanted to. A few weeks into the school year, he switched his schedule to orchestra and started playing the violin...because he had to. (It was either that or stay in a very boring "Career Decisions" class, something he didn't think he could survive.) =)

Our December included performances for both instruments. Here he is at his first guitar recital playing "Time of Your Life" by Green Day, accompanied by his guitar teacher on vocals. He did a great job!

Then we go formal and take in the orchestra & chorus concert. Here we are looking down on the 6th grade orchestra from the balcony of the auditorium. (Courtney really wanted to sit up high.) =)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Good Job Jordan! I'm sure he did a great job. It's so fun to watch the kids grow and develop their talents!

Kristie said...

Great new sets of pictures! I haven't checked back here in a few days. It is fun to see the things that your kids are doing! Enjoy your time together with the kids on vacation!

nana said...

somewhere in the future I see a rock band!!!! gotta love my jordan.

Sally said...

Where have I been when all this blogging has been going on? I love all the pictures! Especially the one where Alyssa is realizing she's being recognized in front of everyone. Shy and pleased at the same time.

The Salinas Family said...

I was wondering when you were going to update your blog and then I noticed on Kelli's that you had a couple days ago but it never showed on my blog. Needless to say you had been updating and I wasn't getting it but I love all the pics. Good job Jordan and Alyssa. Such talented kids!

Kelli Brewer said...

I have the same problem Jodi was having - sometimes the updates show up and sometimes they don't! I was so happy to see so many updates at once. I can't wait to hear Jordan play the guitar though - I think that's so cool he's playing!