Three recent examples...
1) Every Tuesday, Courtney's teacher sends home her work from the previous week. As I was sorting thru the first batch of the new school year, I came across a worksheet titled, "How do you feel about coming back to school?" Courtney had written: "I feel bored. I feel tired. I feel happy and sad. That is 3 rezins (reasons) why I hate school." Luckily, her teacher is not one to take such comments personally, and she had added her own "3 reasons why school LOVES you!" underneath.
2) Over the summer, Courtney completed the reading program at our library and earned a free kid's meal at a local restaurant. Last week, Jason asked her if she wanted to go out on a dinner date to use her coupon. Courtney said, "I don't know. Just a minute." She then ran to the kitchen to ask me what we were having for dinner that nite. After learning it wasn't one of her favorite meals, she went back to Jason and said she would go out with him.
3) While out on their date that evening, the subject of Jason being Bishop came up. Jason asked if she had any questions, and Courtney told him no. But she did offer him a little constructive criticism... She doesn't think he's funny enough and told him he should tell more jokes!
3 comments:
This made my day - such a cutie!
That Courtney! What a hoot! I can just picture Jason getting up to conduct and start saying a few jokes! = )
Don't you just love kids?! They haven't learned how to filter their thoughts and they just tell it like it is! Way to keep your parents on their toes Courtney!
Post a Comment