Jason's birthday was two weeks ago, and he's now a mature 38. We waited until the weekend to officially celebrate, and Jason wanted to go to Red Robin for dinner. While we were eating, someone at another table apparently had a birthday because the wait staff came out to sing. The kids tried to talk Jason into letting our waitress know it was his birthday, but Jason refused. He told the kids they'd have to tell her themselves (thinking, of course, that they'd never do it). Well, the next time she stopped by our table, she asked if anyone needed anything. Jordan said, "I need something. There's a birthday in the house." The wait staff was back a few minutes later to sing to Jason. =)

The kids at Red Robin - undoubtedly so happy because they embarrassed their dad.
Back home and ready to open presents
This picture is a little blurry because I was laughing, but it's still my favorite one. This was the surprise gift that turned up magically at the end. Jason started to unwrap it, saw what it was, and gave me the I-told-you-not-to-buy-this-for-me look. But hey - sometimes a wife has to ignore what her husband says when it's in his best interest. =) Happy Birthday, Jason!
7 comments:
You can't do that and not tell us what the present was! I forget what is in the "final box"...
Sorry - it was a Bose speaker dock for his MP3 player. =)
Grant will be 40 next week. It's funny that he got so old, seeing as how I'm only, like, 25.
I love the first picture of Jordan with his arms around his sisters!
Creighton just turned 46. Jason's just a spring chicken! co
Happy Birthday Jason! Glad you guys have the honor of being the first in the family to hit 40--Joel and I are the first on my side. :( Not looking forward to it.
Way to go kids! Every dad needs to be embarrassed once in a while to keep them humble! Thanks for sharing on the commments what the surprise gift was!
Fun celebration! Sheldon turns 38 this year too -- how could that be when we were just living in Orem... right? Those gifts from the heart are just the best, aren't they (Jordan's playing)!
Post a Comment