The close of the school year brought exciting news for Alyssa and Courtney. Both girls ended up being the top reader for their grade levels - Alyssa for 3rd grade and Courtney for 1st grade. Guess their love of reading really paid off! =)
Courtney got a second thrill when her artwork was chosen as the first grade entry from her school for the district K-2 art exhibit. The entries from all over the district were on display downtown for a whole month. (We were a little surprised to discover it was a real gallery!) =) Courtney was so excited to see her picture on display!
Courtney with her winning picture
4 comments:
Courtney, I am really proud that my sister got her picture on display.
If I ever find myself on the Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader show, I'll be sure to have their numbers handy!
How fun, wish the exhibit was still on-going. Maybe you could have one for us when we're there!
How cool that Courtney's picture was in a real exhibit! And way to go to both Alyssa and Courtney on their reading awards. You two are awesome!
Post a Comment