Monday, February 23, 2009

Geo-City Project

Now it was Alyssa's turn for a school project, and she was excited about doing it! Her class has been studying geometry this quarter, so the project was to design a "geo" city. In addition to her different geometric buildings (Cube Mall, the Cylinder Food Court, and Rectangular Prism McDonald's), she also had to include a quadrilateral park and playground, as well as roads of different sized angles (like Right Angle Way and Acute Lane). She worked hard on it, and it came out great!

3 comments:

Sally said...

Your kids sure have a lot of class projects, mine haven't had any! Although I suspect my kids are getting a substandard education here in NM(including the one who is homeschooled!) it works out in the end. My life feels too crazy most of the time to deal with school projects.

Karen said...

Sadly, I haven't even posted all of their projects this year!!

Joel and Chelsey said...

Very cool Alyssa. I have to say, I am not excited for that phase of school to start. So far, I think flashcards are as involved as we have gotten. Have fun this weekend! We're thinking of you guys.